[Spridgets] Human Rotisserie

Frank Clarici spritenut at comcast.net
Thu Feb 19 21:10:27 MST 2009

As Michael Rowe calls it.
I have been flipping my current project up on it's side to weld a new
back half to replace the smashed back of a Bugeye.
I also replaced the trunk floor and did some patching on the main floor.
So I have always just lifted these cars up and let them sit on the
rocker right on the concrete garage floor and never had any damage.
So tonight when I went from one side to the other, I noticed that I
don't even have to support it when it's on edge.
I have the rear axle out but the front wheels are still on the car.
The car sits on the edge of the rocker and the front wheel stabilizes
it. You can rock and roll the car and it's pretty stable.
A safety rope from the garage door track is good insurance in case a
little kid wanders in and pushes real hard.
2 guys can flip the car with little effort.
I am convinced you can do this to a fresh painted car if you put a
blanket down on the floor first.
Only the rocker panel touches the floor, not the rear quarter panel or
any of the side body.
Square bodys with fenders on it might need to be checked out but it
looks like this will work on them the same way, there is plenty of
clearance.
This car is for my daughter, I just started it and I needed 2 cars just
to make one. And she wants to use it by May.
Well most of the welding is finished, now for the body work and paint.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ