[Spridgets] Midget headlight switch

David Groundwater dwgwater at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 13 10:57:18 MST 2009

I'll add my "me too" to this.  I'm very happy with it and the lights work much
better.  I put the relays on the back of the radiator shroud, so I can keep an
eye on things.  One for hi beams, one for lo beams

I got the relays from partsexpress.com fwiw

I liked this article too
http://www.danielsternlighting.com/tech/relays/relays.html
Dave

> From: bighealey at charter.net> To: dbl at chicagolandmgclub.com;
spridgets at autox.team.net> Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 08:43:29 -0800> Subject: Re:
[Spridgets] Midget headlight switch> > Ok makes sense. I'll arm myself with
some relays and bullets.> > Now how about the physical switch itself. The
design of the new one that> just broke is faulty due to the frailness of the
end product although it is> attractive enough. All show and no go as they
say.> > > > Tracy Drummond Gang Warily !> President AHCUSA www.healey.org> >
-----Original Message-----> From: David Lieb
[mailto:dbl at chicagolandmgclub.com]> Sent: Friday, February 13, 2009 7:16 AM>
To: Tracy Drummond; Spridget List> Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Midget headlight
switch> > > Has anybody relayed the headlights to save the switch.> > Yes. It
is easy and effective and I highly recommend it. I mount the relays> on the
cover that goes where the RHD pedalbox would be and tap into the> wires going
by at the fender to feed the lights. Blue/White for one set of> beams and
Blue/Red for the others. I cut the wires and solder a bullet> connector onto
each of the four ends. This allows me to use a pair of sleeve> > connectors to
bypass the lot if something were to go wrong.> > You will need two relays
(readily available from Summitracing.com) or a> third if you want to do the
horns, too. Buy the wiring harnesses with the> relays. Plenty of diagrams on
the web, but the gist of it is that the wire> coming from the dipswitch
controls the relay, the load is the wire to the> headlight, I install a fused
feed from the starter solenoid to supply the> power.> > It not only saves the
headlight switch, it also saves the dimmer switch.> David Lieb>