[Spridgets] Trailer Question

Kitterer Bob bkitterer at mac.com
Wed Feb 11 23:12:00 MST 2009

In addition to the other comments the Holy Sprite trailer was a fold
up trailer, hinged in the middle, which may be part of the reason
that the frame was bending.  If the plywood on the bed had been cut
to allow it to hinge the trailer most likely would not have made the
trip. As I recall it was rated just at the weight of a Sprite and the
wheels, well brake drums were sitting on each corner of the trailer
bed.  Still it did make the journey.

For several years we used an inclosed trailer to take our Sprite
around the country.  From that experience I would recommend If you
are going to trailer your car any distance get a good trailer that
has brakes.  Also be sure to tie the car down very well, tie the
wheels down not the frame or axles.  That tie down advice almost
certainly saved my car on one occasion.

Bob Kitterer

1960 Austin Healey Sprite (Mk IV in disguise)
1966 Austin Healey Sprite Mk III (Trevor) - still in boxes
2000 Miata Special Edition