[Spridgets] 9948 engine assembly help..

Lester oldsaabguy at comcast.net
Sun Feb 8 12:35:44 MST 2009

Hi all,

	I am putting together my first 948.  After a little tweaking I now
have the crank pulley and the water pump pulley lining up and the cam
nut torqued * BUT* I am now supposed to bend up the cam washer to lock
the cam nut in place.  The cam nut is supposed to fit  into the keyway
in the cam.  My problem is simple:  I have the key in the keyway so
there is no room for the cam washer tab to fit into the keyway.  I
have secured it with locktite but I figured it's best to ask the
experts, how do you suggest that I proceed?

Thanks all,

Lester