[Spridgets] Pay pal

derf derf247 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 17:06:51 MST 2009

> They have whatever access you give them. I use auto bill pay for one of my
> cards so they not only have my account number but permission to withdraw my
> monthly payment. Whats the diff between that and PayPal?
> --

Correct.  But what most people don't realize is that you give PayPal
permission to seize and/or hold funds.
In your case, you are paying.  Most problems with PayPal stem from
when you get paid and then have your payment disputed.
For example:
You sell a widget for $500.  You get paid via PayPal.  You send the
widget insured with delivery confirmation.  It arrives.  The buyer
files a dispute.  PayPal grabs and holds $500.  Your word against his.
 Meanwhile, PayPal holds your $500.   Buyer gets his $500 back, keeps
your widget, and opens a new PayPal account to rip someone else off.