[Spridgets] Spridgets Digest, Vol 31, Issue 64

JLC breton48 at live.com
Wed Dec 30 20:18:40 MST 2009

Larry D. wrote:
Too bad he didn't think of turning the key off.  Duh.  [Lexus accident]

I read about the accident in the San Diego Union Tribune while I was in that
town last week.  My first thought was the same, and I was surprised someone
supposedly highly trained could not stop the car... but... it seems the only
means to stop the engine on the Lexus is to press continuously the
start/stop button for three seconds. Apparently it can also be quite
difficult to engage neutral while driving, there is the mat problem, and if
I remember correctly, the paper mentioned other possible problems such as
brakes and engine management. Sad loss of life in any case.

JLC