[Spridgets] Keys

Frank spritenut at comcast.net
Tue Dec 29 11:14:20 MST 2009

Skip Jackson wrote:
> My just received BMIHT cert. says my key number is FP 750.  The key that turns
> in the ignition is FS 941.  I'm nit-picking small details because it's too
> cold to drive it.  Any thoughts out there?  Skip J.

FP letters came on the early cars, Bugeye's and MKIIs, MKIII & IV
Sprites used the FS letters
FS 941 would be in the 67-69 years.
My Bugeye, my Son's Bugeye along with the Bugeye I sold all had FP 725
ignitions.
So of the  6 Bugeye's I have owned, 50% all had the same ignition key.
My Austin A40 and my 67 Sprite are using the same ignition key too but I
altered the switch in my 67 to fit a key I had.
The A40 should have had an FP switch but that to was swapped out by me
when I restored the car to an FS switch simply because I had one laying
around.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ