[Spridgets] ebay bugeye that is pimped out

Brad Fornal tequila.brad at gmail.com
Fri Dec 18 09:44:52 MST 2009

Yeah, let the pictures do the talking actually gets him OUT of
anything later on. You SAW the car, he never said anything to
misrepresent the car, so if you assumed anything, YOU are at fault.
Just as Mr. Gropper about that little trick, and HIS eBay car.
Much like Josh Tatum and the Liberty V nickels. I pulled this clip off of
Wiki
<<The original 1883 issue lacked the word "cents" on the reverse.
Since the nickels were the same size as five-dollar gold pieces, some
counterfeiters plated them with gold and attempted to pass them off as
such. According to legend, a deaf-mute person named Josh Tatum was the
chief perpetrator of this fraud, and he could not be convicted because
he simply gave the coins in payment for purchases of less than five
cents, but did not protest if he was given change appropriate to a
five-dollar coin. There is no historical record of Tatum outside of
numismatic folklore, however, so the story may well be apocryphal. The
1883 nickel is sometimes referred to as the "racketeer nickel", and
Josh Tatum is sometimes cited as the source of the saying, "You're not
Joshin' me, are you?">>

On Fri, Dec 18, 2009 at 9:57 AM, Peter Caldwell <peter at nosimport.com> wrote:
> I doubt the car will run well, if at all. HS2s on a 948. B No wiper blades.
> Frogs pointing away. I doubt the windshield seal seals. The heater switch
> probably doesn't. B Someone's gonna get screwed on that car.
>
> "...let the pictures to the talking" (sic), which probably indemnifies the
> seller come lawsuit time.......
>
> Peter C B  (and the freaking shocks are red!)
> ===
> At 08:58 AM 12/18/2009, Leo S wrote:
>>
>> I am sorry but that car actually disgusts me.
>> Leo
>> B ----- Original Message -----
>> B From: Chris King
>> B I wouldn't call it a restoration, but I would call it a custom job. I
>> think
>> it looks pretty good, actually. Worth 15K? Not sure, but I probably
>> wouldn't
>> pay that much.
>>
>> B -=Chris
>>

>> B Chris King
>> B http://home.comcast.net/~kvcbk/
>>
>> B  <-----Original Message----->
>>
>> B  B  B  B  B  B From: Mark [mark at nashvilletn.org]
>> B  B  B  B Sent: 12/17/2009 11:28:15 PM
>> B  B  B  B To: 60bugeye at cebridge.net;spridgets at autox.team.net
>> B  B  B  B Subject: Re: [Spridgets] ebay bugeye that is pimped out
>>
>> B  B  B  B I agree with you Leo, it never ceases to amaze me what
"complete
>> B  B  B  B restoration"
>> B  B  B  B 140367015456

DON JULIO 1942