[Spridgets] ebay bugeye that is pimped out

David Lieb 72spridget at gmail.com
Fri Dec 18 09:23:47 MST 2009

> I saw that bid rather quickley and thought "but it's not stock" I don't get
> what makes some people go over the top on their bidding especially non stock
> cars.

Lin,
IMHO, it comes down to "I want that car" vs "I think that car will be
a good investment" vs "this is the way the car was built and I now own
a piece of history".

My Bugeye was not stock when I bought it; 1098CG engine, Datsun
5-speed, disk brakes, wool carpet, Porsche seats... A great car for me
because it has the drivability upgrades and I want to use the car.
Resale value is of no interest to me as I have no intention of selling
it and if I do, I will have already made my "profit" by driving it. A
terrible car to send to a classic car auction.

OTOH, lovely as Iris is, she arises no lust in my heart because she is
virtually unusable to me in her current state and it would be criminal
to change that. Someone needs to be the custodians of "correct", but
not me.
David L