[Spridgets] Trunnion bolt - 2A 4028 - NEW MANUFACTURE in stainless steel - hi grade

weslakemonza1330 at aol.com weslakemonza1330 at aol.com
Thu Dec 17 16:37:34 MST 2009

Hi List,

Don't know about your side of the pond but in the UK the trunnion bolt's
Iv'e been able to buy are inferior to the original bolts.  I've usually
discovered this after stripping the thread with a calibrated torque wrench on
the correct size socket.

I've been in contact with a bolt manufacture who can make a similar bolt in
 a high grade of stainless steel.  The idea being they won't corrode into
the metalastik bushings and thus have to be hammered and destroyed.

All you engineer types can be supplied with details of the different grades
 of stainless steel on offer if you want.  However, I'm confident the
stainless bolt will be far stronger in every respect than the current offering
from the usual suspects.  I also plan to get an original bolt, even a
damaged one so that it can be tested in comparasion to the current offering
and
the stainless bolt.

What I need to know is what the level of interest is for this by number of
bolts so I can get a feel for the volume and thus price.  I also need to
know if you'd be willing to pay an extra #1 for the superior grade of
stainless  and whether you want to probably save #2 by not having the hole for
the
split  pin on account of using a nylock rather than castellated nut.  Final
price  will be more than what I've been paying over here (I think I paid #6+
a  bolt.

E-mail me off list with your full name and any comment you might  have.

Regards

Daniel