[Spridgets] Christmas Bugeye Poem

WFO Herb froggi60 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 20:34:13 MST 2009

Via the other list.

"Twas the night before Christmas and in the Garage,
There wasn't a trace of a Ford or a Dodge.
The presents were wrapped, and the lights were all lit,
So I figured I'd mess with the Bugeye for a bit.
I popped the t-handle, and lifted the hood,
When a deep voice behind me said" looks pretty good"
Well as you can imagine, I turned mighty Quick,
And there, by the workbench, stood good ole Saint Nick!

We stood there a bit, not to sure what to say,
Then he said, "don't suppose you'd trade for my sleigh?
I said " No way Santa" and started to grin,
"But if you've' got time we could go for a spin"!

His round mouth, all tied up like a bow,
Turned to a smile, and he said "hey lets GO!"
So as not to disturb the neighbor's retreat,
We pushed ole Bugeye quietly into the street.

Then taking our places to drift down the hill,
I turned on the key, and I let the clutch spill.
The sound that erupted took him by surprise,
But he liked it a lot, by the look in his eyes.
With Minilites a cryin' and the AH aglow,
We headed out to where all the Brit folks go.
And Santa's grin widened, approaching his ears,
With Every shift up as I went through the Gears.

Then He yelled, " Can't recall when I felt so alive!"
So I backed of the gas and Said "you wanna drive?"
Ol Santa was stunned when I gave him the keys,
When he walked past the headlights he shook at the knees!

Then the Bugeye exploded with sound!
Santa Let off the clutch, and the tires shook the ground!
Power shift to second, again into third!
I sat there watching, at loss for a word,

Then I heard him exclaim as we blasted from sight,
"Merry Christmas to all, it's a hell of a night!!"

Merry Christmas to all.