[Spridgets] bmw bugeye

Jim Johnson bmwwxman at gmail.com
Sat Dec 5 15:01:59 MST 2009

My experience with soldered connections on motorcycles is similar to
NASA's.  I saved up for the proper crimper and use only the best crimp
connections available.

Cheers!!
Jim

On Sat, Dec 5, 2009 at 3:11 PM, <WeslakeMonza1330 at aol.com> wrote:

> They can probably afford the correct  crimping tool - #63 + p&p +  tax

> kk7ss at verizon.net
>  writes:
>
> Just my  opinion, but...
> Soldering alters the temper of the wire and also leaves it  more prone to
> vibration induced breakage due at the transition point from bare  wire to
> the
> soldered area.
> I used to work for NASA on Shuttle and Space  Station support and , IIRC,
> solder connections are a No-No!
>
> A good  crimp connection means using the correct tool for the job. Pliers
> and  ViceGrips just don't cut it.

Cheers!!
Jim
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am
not
sure about the former. - Albert Einstein