[Spridgets] A little help for a motorcycle

Frank spritenut at comcast.net
Thu Dec 3 19:17:50 MST 2009

I don't know anybody on a motorcycle list and my new 63 Honda is now
sporting a 2007 engine, yeah a chinese engine that is an EXACT copy of
the 63 Honda engine.
But over the years the ignition changed, so did the wire colors as there
is 1 extra wire coming out of the flywheel of the honda, and the colors
are all different.
For $30 I ended up buying a 2007 Baja dirt bike that has a carb, the
honda did not. I got the whole bike for $30 the whole engine was a
direct bolt in perfect match.
But I have no spark and can not figure out how to get it.
I know it comes from the flywheel, no battery in either of these scooters.
Does anybody on this list have any idea how to wire the stator to the
spark plug so it makes a spark?
I was told I (now) have a capacitor discharge ignition. Who knows what a
63 Honda had but that engine is now an anchor.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ