[Spridgets] Aviation piston engine question - No LBC

Robert Evans b-evans at earthlink.net
Mon Aug 31 15:59:30 MDT 2009

Jim Johnson wrote:  "Watched many a B52 and B47 take-off."

In October 1959, our Navy football team flew into Eglin Air Force Base for a
game.  While standing outside our R4D (DC-3), a couple of the players
wandered over to get a closer look at some B-47's parked close by.  Holy
snit, armed to the teeth security forces were all over them like flies on
feces!  Ever see three sailors in their dress blues spread-eagled on the
concrete?  Not a pretty sight.