[Spridgets] LBC but not Spridgets

Jeff Foster tr3.4.me at gmail.com
Sun Aug 30 11:17:46 MDT 2009

Was out for a drive yesterday in my 73 Midget and as I pulled into
Arby's I got flagged down by an older gentlemen.

He has a 1965 Triumph Herald convertible he's wanting to sell.  Said
he's had it for two years now and whenever the weather is nice enough
to drive the Herald he'd rather ride one of his motorcycles.

Said it's a solid rust free car and while not a show car it's a nice
20 footer and a nice driver.  Red with "perfect" black interior and
top; he has replaced the carpet recently.  New tires, battery, water
pump, starter, radiator hoses, and front brake pads and turned rotors.
 He did confide that the previous owner had trouble with a leaking
rear wheel cylinder and blocked off the line to the rear brakes - he
hasn't fixed this saying the front discs do a good job for the around
town driving he uses it for.

He's asking $3,500.  The gentleman's name is Lyle VanHouten, he's in
Clarence, Missouri (where he ran a service station for many years),
and phone number is 660-699-2256.

I have no idea what Herald prices are like but would go take a look
myself if not for current uneconomic conditions.

All normal disclosures apply ... NFI, not responsible if it rolls over
your cat, eats your homework, stains your driveway, yada, yada ...