[Spridgets] Dizzy Question - 25 D and Micro adjuster - Vacumn Advance

James Gruber thistle_3619 at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 30 10:55:52 MDT 2009

Registered: 4
Loc: Dayton, OH

I've been having some timing issues and finally resorted to doing some static
timing this AM. The micro adjustment wheel on my 25 D Dizzy was turned all of
the way in one direction. I adjusted several turns 5-10 back the other way and
then reset static timing. I'm now noticing the vacumn advance cannister seems
really loosely fitting in the dizzy. Meaning I can phyically pull on the
cannister and get the vacumn advance to move. Doesn't the Vacumn advance
housing sit firmly in place, possibly bolted in place or is it just a friction
fit.

If this thing is all loosey goosey this could explain why I can't get Bugsy to
run correctly. Starts fine and then give it a little gas and it misses. Keep
above 2,500 RPM and it pulls fairly strong. No power below 2,500 or so.

How does the vacumn advance fit into the dizzy. Bolted or friction fit.

[...]

I've been having issues with I suspect timing and I finally set timing
statically at 7 degrees this morning. Before I reset I readjusted the Micro
Adjuster Wheel from all of the way to the stops on one side back 5-10 turns. I
then Reset Timing using VOM.

No I noticed that the vacumn advance does not seem to fit real tight into the
Dizzy, The whole housing can be pulled on and I can see the advance work like
it should but isn't the Vacumn Advance bolted or screwed in place somehow, The
whole thing moving around could be the reason I get erratic timing light
readings and I've got no power and a back miss and backfire. My questions is
what holds the Vacumn Advance in place to the Dizzy?