[Spridgets] Lock Question

Frank spritenut at comcast.net
Fri Aug 28 18:18:20 MDT 2009

Richard Ball wrote:
>  So two questions.  Is there a key code on the trunk lock that I can use
> to have one made?  Alternatively, can I take the lock apart and rekey it to
> match the key I have?  I thought I would ask here before I remove it from the
> car.

Yes there is a code on the trunk lock but you need to remove it from the
car, I do not know exactly where it is, I think on the square stem.
It will start with FS and then 3 numbers.
Or if you want, remove the guts of the lock, insert your key and file
the tumblers that stick up until the key turns in the lock.
I do this all the time, one key, ignition, doors, and trunk. Beats 3 keys.
Later Midgets with the big keys for the ignition won't work but you can
still have the doors and trunk matched.
Or a locksmith can do this too.

--
Frank Clarici