[Spridgets] A frame (Wishbone) rebuild

Hal Faulkner frog.aye at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 15:48:34 MDT 2009

Jim,
If a new fulcrum pin does not thread in you may have the wrong pin.  How
many wishbones do you need?  I have one rebuilt one I obtained from Mr. ED
several years ago and didn't install.  I got two, then could only find one
in my garage, I gave up (figured it was in that cardboard box I dropped in
the recycling) and ordered another.  Several years later a teenager, whose
eyes were faster than his car, grew tired of waiting in the left turn lane
and  made a radical left turn in front of me causing me to apply the brakes
way harder than normal.  Fortunately, I was in my beater and the resulting
contact left a lasting impression on his right rear but no noticeable damage
to my car.  When I got home there was the wayward A-frame in the passenger
footwell of my car.  Go figure.
If you want it, make me an offer.  I will throw in a fulcrum pin that goes
in just about like the new ones I installed on FROG AYE (and a new pin I got
from one of the usual suspects--not a list member-- that doesn't fit!)
Hal