[Spridgets] Classic Motorsports Midget Project

Norm 2Bs twobees at sprynet.com
Tue Aug 25 17:41:07 MDT 2009

Did any of you notice a relationship between the parts in this over-priced
engine and the ads in Classic?  Tim is known for bartering ad space for
parts & service.  But, a lot of parts are a waste for anything but a
full-bore racecar.

The reality is that for a street car, of equal performance all one would
need is a cross flow head, a cam, bigger carbs & a good pair of manifolds.
By way of comparison, the Fab-Tek built race engine in my
daily-driver/occasional racer MGB cost me $7,500.  It included JE pistons &
Carillo rods & would run at 7,000 rpms all day long when racing.

BTW, current cost for a Longman h.p. head is around $1,400.  My Turner has
one I bought a couple of years ago for half that.

Norm
'59 Turner, 948-powered.