[Spridgets] Jensen Healey

Deikis, John G John.Deikis at va.gov
Thu Aug 20 15:59:02 MDT 2009

This has got to be the Rodney Dangerfield of LBCs. I bought one for a
song in the 70's after they bellied-up. It had its "teething problems"
but, once sorted, it was a fast comfortable British car. Ok, it had a
funny snout, and it was a bit bland in side view from the A-pillar
forward, on the other hand it had British charm in that it was built
from a mish-mash of parts bins-Chrysler-UK this, Lotus that, a touch of
Stromberg, a dash of SU... and a real pretty rear quarter-- much nicer
than the similarly styled TR6. You really can't compare it with an SP250
or some of the other peculiar styling exercises to come from "the Olde
Sod." I'd easily pay 1500, maybe 2 bills, for a nice one today. Okay,
maybe a tad more...

...just my 'pinion, 'course...

-JohnD

Message: 4