[Spridgets] Westfield XI

David Lieb 72spridget at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 06:35:34 MDT 2009

> Not likely in Canada either.
> http://www.tc.gc.ca/roadsafety/tp/tp2436/rs200804/menu.htm

Not sure I agree with your conclusion, Robert. The way I read that
page, as long as you do NOT buy certain parts of the Westfield kit, it
is considered to be car parts and not a car, allowing you to source
your own drivetrain (Spridget, of course), fuel system, brake system
and suspension system. That last might be an issue for the Westy, as
part of the value is the Lotus-inspired suspension. Perhaps your best
approach would be to buy the suspension system first as it would in no
way resemble a "kit car" and should not be a problem to bring in, then
you would have no difficulty with the stipulation of no later
shipments. I think it could be done, but you would have to really want
it.
David L