[Spridgets] people who need to be taken out of the gene pool

ldsp 60bugeye at cebridge.net
Mon Aug 17 16:37:36 MDT 2009

Some peoples sheer stupidity really amazes me.  Today while gathering parts
for a job I am doing i wandered a bit too close to the clearance rack and lo
and behold there sat a 60 gal upright compressor which had a price of either
100.00 or 200. dollars depending on how you looked at it.  Was being sold as
is and you could see it had been run for a short while (still looked brand new
though).  Went to the cash register and the cashier said she would read the
tag as 100.00 so I bought it.  While checking it out (before I bought it) I
noticed that the four spot welds which held on the motor base plate to the
motor were broken,  So decided no big deal, take the motor a[part, re-weld
baseplate to the housing and then re-assemble,  Sounds logical right.  Nice
compressor for 100.00 and a little labour????  Ahh..  take everything apart
and then remove the belt cover and was presented with the work of a person who
truly needs to be taken out of the gene pool so he CANT reproduce and pass on
his sheer stupidity.

Sems like sometime in its short life the pulley loosened and the key flew out
or went somewhere.  So the DPO put in a new key... Not just any key BUT a nail
and then proceded to try to tack weld the pulley to the shaft!!!!!!  Yea,
thats right, four small daubs like a mig welder might make in the hands of a
mud dauber.  FRIGGIN DA's ought to commit suicide when something breaks.  Just
eliminate themselves instead of even attemting to fix ANYTHING!!!

 Out comes the die grinder, grind the little bumps off, loosen the set screw,
put on the gear puller and pull the pulley.  Now its off to see if the motor
runs and if so on with the original plan.

SPRIDGET CONTENT..... It will go in the back section of my new building so I
can have air to work, work, work on the new bugeye project.

Hopefully when he tried to weld it a certain issue did not happen.  Any body
want to guess what the issue might be when welding on the shaft of an electric
motor?? And no it isnt melting the insulation on the windings:)

Leo