[Spridgets] hi torque starter

Phil Nase nases at verizon.net
Sun Aug 16 09:25:14 MDT 2009

I believe I have a hi torque starter gone bad.  Yesterday at the OSHIT
I could not restart the car.  We checked and there is voltage at the
connections to the starter but it will not turn.

Any way to fix this at home or should I take it to a starter
rebuilder?  It has had very limited use for the last few years.

Many thanks to Larry Macy, Charlie Braum and Lambert for several
pushes in the hot PA weather yesterday.

Got the 5 speed installed again a few weeks ago with the help of Frank
and Kevin.  They also did a fine job of tuning it for me.  So it goes
fast again but no joy on starting.

Phil Nase (Parking on hills.)
Quakertown, PA
http://home.comcast.net/~philnasecpa/