[Spridgets] "Original Sprite & Midget" by Terry Horler

Dean Hedin dlh2001 at comcast.net
Thu Aug 13 20:24:42 MDT 2009

I picked this book up earlier this year at the Carlisle Import Show.
It is an expensive book but it has some good photos and is a great restoration guide.

However today I found an error in the book on page 40 regarding the Bugeye bonnet struts.
The author states "The bonnet was held in the open positions by two nickel-plated struts.."

I am quite certain the struts were not nickel plated, but instead they were zinc (or maybe cadmium) plated.

I just wanted to mention this in case somebody out there was contemplating
the expense of getting their struts nickel plated.

I am also curious as to any other errors that others may have discovered in this book.