[Spridgets] NuFinish on my Sprite looks like glass...1972 Video

Linda Grunthaner grunthaner at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 08:29:59 MDT 2009

List,
I haven't had much time this summer to give to my little pink Sprite because
of summer work and still the agony of trying to sell my dads co-op. The
board has sat on the buyer for 4 months now and their mortgage lender is
days from end of contract. I have spent 15K out of pocket (could have been a
new Sprite) and an additional 20K out of his life insurance to keep this
co-op from forecloseure. These board members are really giving my fathers
estate and of course me the shaft and now we may not break even. I have
heard horror stories about this particular board in the past regarding
people trying to sell or buy but being this is a public list I'll refrain
for now in hopes I sell. Sorry for rambling I'll know by the 19th if we lost
the buyer.

Now for the good stuff I did a little work on Pinky (I haven't even take off
the hard top yet or pulled the cycle out yet) I used my auto polisher and
some red course compound on the faded bubblegum looking finish then I used
Nu Finish and it is shiny like glass. As I recall in the 70's I used NuVinyl
and it lasted for 2 years on my black vinyl roof of my 75 Grand Prix. I
think I used NuFinish (may have been called another name but defiantly not
an orange bottle) on my faded blue 65 Tempest and it removed the oxidation
and made it shinny like glass then too.

Check out the video on their website from 1972 it is what got me to buy it
then and I recall they had commercial in the 70's where they were in a junk
yard and took a hood from a junk yard car and used their product which
removed the oxidation and gave it a glass gloss finish does anyone remember
that or was it a different product? Also if it was a different product what
was it? And the ad says it does not use wax so what's in it?

http://nufinish.com/company.html

http://nufinish.com/products_polish.html
Lin
PS I'll post picts when I get back from working in NYC.