[Spridgets] pollution control equipment

Jim Johnson bmwwxman at gmail.com
Wed Aug 5 15:57:19 MDT 2009

I wish I could blame this type of thing on bureaucrats alone but in truth
most of the blame belongs on the average car owner for not getting engaged
with their government. Until the public takes the government and the carious
bureaucracies to task for their ignorance, they will keep doing stupid
things. If people don't get off their duff and contest what their government
does, they deserve what they get.

Cheers!!
Jim

On Wed, Aug 5, 2009 at 3:50 PM, David Booker <tncarnut1 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> --- On Wed, 8/5/09, robertduquette at sympatico.ca <
> robertduquette at sympatico.ca>
> wrote:
>
> http://www.omgc.info/wordpress/?cat=17
>
> http://www.omgc.info/wordpress/?p=581
>
> This is ridiculous.
>
> So the Safety Nazis from California have been emigrating North, huh?  This
> all
> boils down to the deluded thought that the government is better-equipped to
> protect the poor, stupid public than the public is themselves.  By ensuring
> that all the original erquipment is still installed and functioning, they
> are
> also protecting the rest of the population by assuring that they are not
> breathing any more noxious fumes than is necessary.  Next they'll want us
> all
> to find and mount our bumpers...
>
> How can you change the rules after vehicles have been exempt for years, if
> not
> decades?  Sounds like a fight is brewing, or at least should be brewing.
>  You
> need to find some way to get a public outcry going.  I say "you" but I
> should
> probably be saying "we".  If it goes unrestricted anywhere, it is likely to
> spread elsewhere and eventually everywhere.  Beurocrats all think alike
> everywhere.
>
>  - David

Cheers!!
Jim
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am
not
sure about the former. - Albert Einstein