[Spridgets] If you liked Cash For Clunkers, wait until they they start processing your medical benefits

Norm 2Bs twobees at sprynet.com
Sat Aug 1 12:33:57 MDT 2009

 <http://home.peoplepc.com/psp/newsstory.asp?cat=TopStories>
http://home.peoplepc.com/psp/newsstory.asp?cat=TopStories

Nice story.  Has nothing to say.  It's a blank page.

Here is a REAL story:

We have all heard the elected representatives of the insurance companies, I
mean Our Senators & Representatives blasting health care reform.  Ever
wonder how current "public option" plans compare to private medical
insurance?  In the past, I had Blue Cross/Blue Shield, United Healthcare &
some others.  I really got tired of fighting for my rights to get the
treatments & tests I needed while the CEOs made multi-millions.  The clerks
at the insurance companies must have really believed they knew more than my
doctors.  I also and too often had to fight the companies because they based
what they would pay in Fairfield County, Connecticut on healthcare costs in
some fictional area where everything cost 40% of what it did in Fairfield.
"Claim denied" was SOP.   After that, I certainly wondered how a
government-run plan would work--until I began participating in Medicare.
Now, I know.

Recent cries of waiting times longer than at the DMV had me thinking of the
New Jersey DMV offices.  Yes, looonngg waits there.  But, not at any of my
physicians here, except occasionally during "snow-bird" season at my
dermatologist (Too many years of Florida sun?).  And, there, I check in,
give the receptionist my cell phone number & take off to shop, see friends,
etc.  When my time approaches, she calls me.

Another recent hue and cry has been that a government-run plan will "execute
old people."  Can you believe that some people out there actually believe
that?  How psycho have Americans become?  Well folks, here's some good news.
Thanks to good Medicaid doctors, my 91-year-old mother-in-law is doing
pretty well despite having congestive heart disease for the past 5+ years.
And, no, they haven't given her cyanide among her various meds.

We have all seen the drug & insurance company sponsored commercials showing
a Canadian couple whining about their healthcare system.  (Notice they
aren't whining about the cost of American-made drugs in Canada).  Yet
Canadian life expectancy is quite a few years greater than ours.  Why is
that?  Worse healthcare? - bad drugs?  I can't remember any of the other
lies we have been besieged with.  I'm sure there are more.  Fact is their
system seems to work better than ours at preserving life.

Recently, the Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems
reported the results of a survey.  I thought you might find it interesting.
See:
https://www.cahps.ahrq.gov/content/NCBD/Chartbook/HEALTHPLAN08/cahps08chart1
9.htm

So, perhaps the rightwingnuts are NOT correct in the lies they are
spreading.  And, Hawaii os NOT, and never was a colony of Kenya.

Norm