[Spridgets] 3M panel adhesive

Frank spritenut at comcast.net
Thu Apr 30 19:13:14 MDT 2009

Jay Fishbein wrote:
> I'm sure this product has it's place, (for example on contemporary cars such as Corvettes and the like) but I guess I'm old-fashioned as I wouldn't want a Sprite that was glued together.

Yes, modern plastic cars would benefit from being glued together but
older METAL cars should be welded together.
I have seen this stuff, my brother uses it to glue plastic boats
together. Good stuff as I have used some on one of the very few plastic
parts on a Sprite.
I have used it to fill in the holes behind the steering wheel plinth,
then drilled it out, tapped it and inserted screws to hold it to the dash.
The Holy Sprite, Brian's Bugeye and the Ladybug are all sporting this
stuff in their steering wheel plinths all are screwed from behind into
this *stuff* and all are still attached to the dashboards.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ