[Spridgets] Crossflow vs. Downflow radiator height

James Gruber thistle_3619 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 30 13:15:01 MDT 2009

Is there any difference in radiator height on crossflow vs. downflow
radiators. I'm having an issue with Bugsy my '68 Sprite with right top of
crossflow radiator rubbing against the bottom of my BE Bonnet. I'm going to go
through some gyrations to probably gain an extra 1/4 to 1/2" at most of
clearance. Sure would be simpler if downflow was shorter. Especially since
I've got a 1098 installed in Bugsy and top radiator hose needs to do some
interesting gyrations to get properly connected. Plans are to change back to a
1275 in the future so any fix I make needs to accommodate that future change
as well.