[Spridgets] Spridgets Digest, Vol 23, Issue 79

Rick Bastedo rbastedo at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 10:50:59 MDT 2009

Bill, what when where & how is this NOSHIT on the 30th?
Assuming you mean tomorrow?
Where do I find out about such things???

Rick (gotta get better connected) Bastedo

Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 08:12:32 -0700
From: Bill L <pythias at pacifier.com>
Subject: [Spridgets] SAGA of the Miss.

Hello Spridgets,

 That miss that I've been chasing...Today I pulled the dizzy and
 checked out the eye and shutter. The Shutter has been rubbing
 against the eye the slightest little bit, so I re-adjusted that. I
 made sure there was enough slack in the wire and no interference.
 Put it all back together, and started the car.. Now it was missing
 on TWO cylinders.. WTF?.... So I go to check the cap and instead of
 one wire loose there were TWO falling out... I brought the cap upstairs
 to the dining room, yanked off ALL the wires and using the supplied
 dilectric grease, installed ALL NEW BOSCH wires. Back to the garage,
 I assemebled everything and hit the key... purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
 No apparent misses........ I let it warm up and hit the gas.. a
 little stumble... .. If I eased into the throttle no problem, but
 hitting it fast.. a stumble.. so i filled the dashpots. An
 improvement. It only stumbles if it MASH the peddle from idle; then
 i get a little hiccup. Of course this is NOT under load.

 Will the hiccup go away under load? Is the lack of load allowing the
 engine to overwhelm the dashpots? Its raining out today so I can't
 take it out for a test, but I think I'm better..... if not cured...

 There is going to be a NOSHIT meeting in Everett Washington on the
 Weekend of the 30th. Maybe an Expert will have time to have a look.

--
Best regards,
 Bill L.                          mailto:pythias at pacifier.com

 '66 Sprite MKIII HAN8L49403  "the red thing"

     * "This fowl has been stuffed," said Tom sagely.