[Spridgets] Changing spring bushes and brake shoes...

Lester oldsaabguy at comcast.net
Wed Apr 29 06:56:15 MDT 2009

See, you are describing the way ALL of my SAABs work, there is a
"nail" that protrudes through the backing plate, then a spring, then a
cup.  Takes about 6 seconds to do or undo.

The Bugeye has none of that.  It has a spring that is coiled from
bottom to top and instead of the top ending it is bent 90 degrees and
travels back through the center of the spring so that it protrudes
past the spring and then is bent into a "u".  This is pushed down
through the brake shoe hole and the "U" catches on a bracket that is
part of the backing plate.

VERY easy to install, you just push straight down and it hooks on the
bracket.

Taking it out is a nightmare.  As you push down on the center part of
the spring it hits the backing plate and is pushed farther under the
bracket rather than being able to come out..

Thanks to all who have given suggestions, keep those cards and letter
coming!

Lester