[Spridgets] Questions H1 carbs (choke) & dash pulls

Rick Bastedo rbastedo at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 09:44:07 MDT 2009

This is for the H1 carbs on my MK2 Sprite with Bugeye engine.
After getting some great pictures from Mark Haynes (on this list) that
really help I have a couple more questions.
I've assembled some parts & pieces and put a choke cable in the appropriate
spot on the dash.
The parts I don't have are springs to return the choke or jet levers back to
normal position and the "stirrup".
The stirrup seems to be the most difficult part, if I want to make one what
could I use?
It needs to be a stiff enough wire to retain its shape when pulling the
levers and yet shape-able enough to allow me to create a loop in it at the
top center.
Then, what springs to use? Is ordering these from Moss the only way?

As a side question, can someone tell me how to remove original cables from a
MK1 / MK2 dash?
The 'handle' part of the cables / switches seem to have a pin pressed in
from the bottom and I don't see how they remove?

Rick Bastedo