[Spridgets] Suicycles

Larry Daniels ladaniels at sbcglobal.net
Tue Apr 21 18:15:09 MDT 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "rrengineer @dslextreme.com" <rrengineer at dslextreme.com>
To: "Kirk Hargreaves" <khargreaves2 at gmail.com>
Cc: <spridgets at autox.team.net>
Sent: Tuesday, April 21, 2009 6:29 PM
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Suicycles

Kirk,
     Sorry to hear you cannot ride anymore.  It must have been quite a let
down.  My biggest problem is being recently diagnosed with type 2 diabetes.
I can't drink beer at the biker rallies anymore!
Mike MacLean
60 Sprite
56 BN2
02 Heritage Springer

Mike, who says you can't have a beer anymore?  I've been a diabetic for
years and both my Dr. and my dietician say it's OK in moderation.  Heck,
they say the same thing to non-diabetics.

Drink up -- but not too much.  BTW, alcohol lowers your blood sugar, but the
carbs in beer raise it.  Try a mixed drink?  Or, God forbid, a lite beer.
Also, that old wive's tale about rye whiskey is just that -- it's no better
than any other liquor for diabetics.  See... I checked all this stuff out!

Larry