[Spridgets] Back to Ignition Points

Timothy H. Collins thcollin at mtu.edu
Tue Apr 21 12:01:14 MDT 2009

Being a Civil Engineer all I needed to know is that sewage runs
downhill and payday is on Friday.

I have an electrical engineering question for the group. Couldn't the
ignition capacitor be replaced with a modern diode to protect the
points? I seem to remember that SU fuel pumps came with regular
points, then a capacitor was added and finally a diode to protect the
points. Why can't that be done to the ignition points too?

I bought a diode for my SU fuel pump from Peter PP and I know he
takes capacitors apart to admire the foil so Peter, do you know?

Tim Collins
http://www.flickr.com/photos/12702006@N07/