[Spridgets] So Glad About Finally Getting My Clutch Working

Kirk Hargreaves khargreaves2 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 12:47:34 MDT 2009

I put a return spring on the outside of my slave cyl to ensure pullback when
not using the clutch.

The previous owner had the thing set up so that the TB was always riding on
the clutch springs.

This cooked the TB as well as the backing (it did last for about 4k miles).

The rod does not fit in correctly to get pull back when off the clutch,
hence the outside spring.

The clutch would work fine with my external spring until the car got hot. .
at which point I was unable to shift into gear without pumping on the clutch
pedal . . same after bleeding the slave.

Seems that the fluid would lose it's ability to push the slave against the
spring.

I took the tension off the spring, allowing just enough to keep it off the
clutch when not in use, adjusted the clutch again. . and what a joy to drive
the car.

Just a silly note to share. . . something that most of you would have picked
up on faster than I was able to.

What a difference to finally want to drive my car again!

Kirk
59 BE