[Spridgets] Big Healey question

Larry Daniels ladaniels at sbcglobal.net
Sun Apr 19 12:10:55 MDT 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Brad Fornal" <tequila.brad at gmail.com>
To: "Spridget list" <spridgets at autox.team.net>; "Yahoo Spridget list"
<midgetsprite at yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Sunday, April 19, 2009 11:52 AM
Subject: [Spridgets] Big Healey question

I had someone stop today, while I was out in the Sprite, telling me that
they would be willing to sell their project. It seems that 10 or so years
ago, they bought a 57 Healey, but never did anything with it. IF it is like
Spridgets, there may be a chance it is a 56 BN2, just titled for year of
sale. If not, how much room is under the bonnet, would a SBC fit?
I may go look at this thing soon, but would like an idea of current going
price on a rolling shell. I know this is a Spridget list, but several of you
have or had Big Healey's.
Yes Frank, I know it will drive like a tractor, but if the price is right, I
have a friend with an aluminium V8 that I may be able to purchase. Since it
won't corner, I might as well make it go fast straight.

Thanks,
Brad

--
DON JULIO 1942

www.myspace.com/tequilabrad

Brad, when you say aluminum V8 and SBC, are you actually referring to a
Chevy or to the 215 AL V8 put out by Buick and Olds in the early 60's
(followed by Rover later)?  That is the one that fits nicely in the later
MGBs.  Did Chevy ever make an all AL V8?

Without measuring, I would guess that 215 would fit with the least amount of
chopping the car up.  If that is what you are looking at, talk to Mark at
D&D Fabrications in MI.  www.aluminumv8.com  810-798-2491  They have done
thousands of kits for swapping the 215 into different cars.  I would think
Mark has a pretty good handle on what it takes to make any of them work.

LAD