[Spridgets] Cloth top question...

Michael Rowe mdrowe at optonline.net
Thu Apr 16 09:05:07 MDT 2009

I had an idea that I have never tried.  Maybe someone can test it on an old,
dead top.

Buy some clear vinyl and vinyl glue from the hardware store.
Trim the vinyl to fit inside the existing window.
Clean/rough up the vinyl around the edges and glue the new to the old.
Clamp it down with sand bags or ??? until it sets.
Carefully cut out the old vinyl inside the glue line without scratching the
new vinyl.
You now have a clear center 9/10ths the area of the old.
Durability is unknown and depends on the quality of the glue line.

Michael Rowe
'74 Midget
'60 Bugeye this weekend
Long Island, NY