[Spridgets] Fel-Pro gaskets

Bud Osbourne abcoz at hky.com
Wed Apr 15 09:09:50 MDT 2009

According to the Fel-Pro website, they are owned by Federal Mogul.  I
contacted my local NAPA store, and ordered 3 of them (one for the one I'm
currently driving and two for the ones "in the works").  At first, they were
going to UPS them in from Charleston, WV, Chicago, and Reno, Nevada.  Then,
the guy said "let me check something else here".  After a few moments on
hold, he came back and said he can order three to be shipped directly from
the factory and they'll be here by this coming Friday.  I'm anxious to see
if they're the "real deal" or not.
I've purchased a couple of sets for my 356, and there are WAY, WAY fewer
356s running around out there than there are Spridgets & Mini's.  My point
is that, if they were willing to produce them for the 356 (at the request of
356 racer Vic Skirmants), there is good reason to think they would be
willing to produce them for the A series engines.
We'll see.
Thanks.
Bud