[Spridgets] Bugeye/Frogeye Club..... Cloth top question...

Kitterer Bob bkitterer at mac.com
Tue Apr 14 11:31:13 MDT 2009

Robbins is just up the road a bit an to the best of my knowledge are
still building excellent tops.  I believe they make a lot of tops for
concours cars.  Robbins did do some OEM work and years back  they
made the top that was sold by MG Mitten, one of the best suppliers
when  existed.  Robbins has all of their patterns on mylar so they
should not change over time.

That said when I redid my car 12 years ago they ended up building me
three tops none of which fit.  BUT the first one would have fit IF it
was a nice sunny day an the top had laid out in the sun for about an
hour and I was being judged for Concours points.  However I needed a
top that two old farts could install while hiding under an overpass
on a cold rainy day.  I was very sad to have to go to a local shop to
get a top of less quality but could be installed under the stated
conditions.

Bob Kitterer

1960 Austin Healey Sprite (Mk IV in disguise)
1966 Austin Healey Sprite Mk III (Trevor) - still in boxes
2000 Miata Special Edition