[Spridgets] brake fluid question

Frank spritenut at comcast.net
Sun Apr 12 16:05:36 MDT 2009

ryan.kubanoff at comcast.net wrote:
> Jim
> The fluid is synthetic not silicone. it is castrol GT LMA. My next question is how long to drain and how much time and volume to refill. As for the leak my break pedal shaft is wet and I see no other leaks anywhere else.

Ryan

The new Castrol LMA (low moisture absorption) is now synthetic and it IS
compatable with DOT 3 & 4.
We stumbled across this with Fr Jack's Sprite. We ran out for a 2nd
bottle of Castrol Synthetic only to find out we could have used some
from one of the older bottles in my garage which is Castrol LMA but not
synthetic.
What you have is good, but it is wise to replace all the fluid in the
car when the master gets replaced.
You can do this easily bu just pumping it out of each wheel cylinder
until is comes out clean. Start in the back, work towards the front.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ