[Spridgets] $%&*# Clutch!

Frank spritenut at comcast.net
Wed Apr 8 06:18:33 MDT 2009

I give up on this hydraulic clutch.
Does anybody have a solution or way to make a Sprite have a mechanical
operated clutch?
3 master cylinders later and it just does not work for more than an hour.
The masters were all rebuilt, the slave and hose are new.
I have had more problems with this clutch on this car than I have had in
my entire career with these cars combined.
It's not like I do not know what I am doing. This is NOT my first clutch
bleed.
I have even ran a tube from the slave nipple back to the master and bled
the system like I was bench bleeding just the master.
Yes it worked, for an hour and lost pressure.
The pressure never goes below 1/2 the pedal but I need more pedal than
that to get it in gear.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ