[Spridgets] Hennessy hammocks

Michael Rowe mdrowe at optonline.net
Tue Apr 7 20:51:16 MDT 2009

> <http://hennessyhammock.com/>

I have been using a Hennessy hammock for 4-5 years, initially for canoe
camping, and now for all camping.  I recently got one for my wife as well.
They are remarkably comfortable and convenient.  I replaced the stock fly
with an 8'x10' silinylon tarp, which I extend 7' out one side for a covered
working space.  (The hammock also forms a sling chair under the tarp
extension.)

The only problem with the hammock is lack of insulation on the bottom.  It
is cold even in modestly cool weather, as it squishes the down in the
sleeping bag flat all around the sides, not just on the bottom.  This might
not be a problem with synthetic bags; I don't know.  I have fussed with
various alternative pads.  Most are not wide enough to insulate the sides.
Some creativity can probably solve this problem.

Michael Rowe