[Spridgets] going to England

Paul Asgeirsson PAsgeirsson at worldnet.att.net
Tue Apr 7 19:02:03 MDT 2009

The suspension bridge in my neighborhood of Portland, OR, St. Johns Bridge,
was designed by the same fellow.  Can't remember his name, but I think it's
fascinating he and his team did all the calculations with only a slide rule
as their most advanced calculator.

In some respects it's like the amazement of Franks repairing any Bugeye or
Spridget with a hammer and parts containers called paint buckets!

So far, both bridges have stood from their beginning!  The "Anti Rust" color
of the Golden Gate bridge is, I think called, International Orange.

Pa