[Spridgets] Headlights

Chris King cbking at alum.rpi.edu
Tue Apr 7 14:14:12 MDT 2009

Mike,

In my Cosworth, I used a set of 7" round H4 lights. They come with a
housing and a bulb that will plug in to the harness. One of the best
lights I've seen without going to the expensive HID setups. I know there
is aftermarket HID stuff out there, but it's pricey and I don't know if
there's a plug-and-play solution for sealed beams.

Hella makes a good set, and an Autopal makes a knockoff made in India. I
have the Hellas on the COsworth, and Autopal small rectangulars on my DD
Tercel. Both work very well, but the Hellas are constructed a bit
better. Hellas you can buy from most of the big parts guys (like Moss, I
got mine from Bavarian Autosport), and the Autopal's are on ebay.

When I get around to the restoration of my E30 BMW, I'll be putting a
set of H4/H1 5" round lights on it too.

-=Chris

Chris King
http://home.comcast.net/~kvcbk/