[Spridgets] Weber 32/36 fuel pumps and ignition spark

Tracy Drummond bighealey at charter.net
Fri Sep 26 06:58:16 MDT 2008

Oh clever ones,

I am planning the fuel system on a stock 1500 motor with header.

So far I have a Pierce manifold and Weber 32/36 downdraft setup in hand and
a hard fuel line that ends at the lower rear engine bay near the old
mechanical fuel pump location.

I have a mechanical fuel pump block off plate as I do not intent to use the
pulsing mechanical stock pump.  My intention is to use a Carter 4070 fuel
pump which will produce high volume (to keep the float bowl full) low
pressure (4-6 PSI continuous duty) which is recommended for the 32/36
downdraft.

My question is pump about location.  I commonly have placed pumps on Healeys
(big and little) in the rear under the car near and below the tank outlet.
I do not want to put the pump down there since getting to it is a major pain
for me (besides not wanting to cut the solid line).  I will also forego a
pressure regulator

Where shall I put the pump?

1) Engine bay driver's side.

2) Where the charcoal canister used to be.

3) ??

How much of a concern is having the pump 4 feet down the hard-line from the
fuel source?

Shouldn't the pump be located as low as possible?

hummmmm

Tracy Drummond                  Gang Warily !

President AHCUSA              www.healey.org