[Spridgets] the engine catasrophe

Hal Faulkner hal at katemuir.com
Thu Sep 25 14:50:44 MDT 2008

Matt,
The first thing I would reccommend is that you get a copy of David Vizard's
book, "How To Tune the A Series Engine."
New lifters are a certainty.  Push rods are not so much of a certainty,
although they aren't that much of an expense.  You may be able to replace
individual rocker arms and the shaft if you know which ones you have.  Since
you vehicle had an APT cam that might be an obvious place to look.
Hal