[Spridgets] Cool other Sprite? XQHS

Linda Grunthaner grunthaner at gmail.com
Fri Sep 19 04:02:17 MDT 2008

This is an interesting take on the Sprite I never heard of it XQHS it would
be cool to see more images all the way around as it is mostly Sprite. I have
got to get my hands on the book "More Healeys" now.

"*XQHS* was built by the Donald Healey Motor Company during 1962 to a Les
Ireland design, allegedly from earlier sketches by Gerry Coker. Built as a
prototype to assess the viability & performance advantages of fitting a
1100cc Coventry Climax engine, the car was also fitted with disc brakes on
all four wheels.
The chassis is original Sprite Mk1 modified to accept the special aluminium
outer bodywork & unique forward hinging bonnet made at the Donald Healey
Motor Company by Bill Buckingham."

http://www.austin-healey-club.com/Pages/AH50-woolmer-series.html

Lin