[Spridgets] Spridget Covers

John Caffrey jdc6 at Lehigh.EDU
Thu Sep 18 06:48:07 MDT 2008

Linda Grunthaner wrote:
> Good question my little Sprite needs to spend her first winter in the
> driveway should I cut the elastic?
> Lin
> 62 California Sprite "Pinky"
> www.freewebs.com/lgrunthaner

There is a problem with collecting water after heavy rain, but I would
NOT cut the elastic. You just need to reach under and drain it
periodically.  Without the elastic the ends of the cover will just blow
up off the car. Also for anyone who covers their car with the top down,
like I do on those days I need the space in the garage, you have
probably already know how sharp the corners of the wing window frames
are! I have two holes in my expensive cover to patch.
John
Fogelsville, PA