[Spridgets] thermostat

gary majewski gmajewski at wi.rr.com
Wed Sep 17 18:29:13 MDT 2008

Great Group,

      Today I spent some time talking with a person at Victoria
British. I explained to him
about the thermostats that they have shown in their catalog. On page
76, in the upper
right quarter of the page is the correct thermostat for my vehicle. In
the bottom lower
right quarter is shown thermostats for the midget vehicles. Diagrams
are different but
they have the same order number. I have maybe about only 1/2 " at most
clearance between
the mounting surface flange and the bottom of the cover where the
radiator hose connects
to. The person at Victoria British was going to contact their supplier
and see if they have the
correct item.

      I have ordered from VB and Moss and have received the same style
thermostats and
neither will allow the cover of the thermostat to fit. The one from
Moss is still in the package,
is a 165 degree and free to anyone who wants it. Email me and its
yours. First email gets it.

      Running a blanking sleeve is okay, but when the weather is 40
degrees, sure need more
heat, as it takes about 1/2 hour to get any temp to run decent.

    Gary     59 BE