[Spridgets] 948 Water Pump Questions

Ron Soave soavero at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 16 19:15:46 MDT 2008

--- On Tue, 9/16/08, Norm 2Bs <twobees at sprynet.com> wrote:
> Turner racecar.  It's an alloy body with stamped metal
> impeller by GMB,
> Have any of you with race or street Spridgets had any
> experience with this
> brand pump?

Yes. based upon a sample of 1, it's a piece of sh!t. It cavitated and ripped the blades right off at race speed WITH larger water pump impeller. The fan / pump guys at work could not believe it. I had no problems before or after with a cast iron impeller'd unit. I put the new pump in because I rebuilt the motor; I would not use a sheet metal unit again on a race motor. Street, it would probably be fine.

Ron